Monday, September 7, 2009

2 years of my life

So it is finally finished! It took me 20 months....countless hours spent removing misplaces stitches and weeks spent conning people into teaching me how to follow a pattern, trying to learn to sew in a straight line and learning how to bind the edges. But I am proud to say it is done! I will never have to place it in a garbage sack and stuff it in the closet ever again! I will never open the closet and sigh in frustration over this particular quilting project! I will never forget the countless hours spent grumbling behind the sewing machine and trying to entertain my kids while totally consumed in thoughts of how I was going to make a mistake work....before unpicking it in the end and starting over! IT IS FINISHED!

3 comments:

Shelane said...

woo-hoo! good job!

erin said...

AWESOME!! Nothing like finishing a great project. it looks very nice.

AMPM said...

You go girl! I wonder what it feels like to finish something?